Person datatype valueinformation

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

vdbergwout

Person datatype valueinformation

Post by vdbergwout »

I've connected the CppServer to UAexpert and I'm trying to figure out where UAExpert gets the value information on variable Person1 (or Person2) with dataType Person.

What I already know:
The Person1 variable has dataType: Person
The Person1 value is of dataType Person with 3 element: Name (string), Height(float), Weight(float).

Datatype Person is a subType of Structure and has default Binary encoding, not an abstract datatype.

DataTypeDescriptionType with value string: Person is the description of the binary encoding of Person and component of Demo2

That's all I can find, but or I am missing something or UAExpert has the Person hardcoded in the code?
Like WorkOrderVariableType there is a variabletype that shows the elements in the variable: AssetID, ID, StartTime, StatusComments. Where can I find the Name, Height and Weight for Person?

Support Team

Re: Person datatype valueinformation

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

the UaExpert retrieves this information from DataTypeDictionaries that can be found below the 'OPC Binary' node in the DataTypes folder. There are certain references that have to exist between the DataType node and its DataTypeDescription counterpart below the type dictionary node.

We don't recommend implementing this manually, as it is a complex structure of nodes and references where errors are made easily. For this, we have builtin support in our SDKs and the UaModeler which we recommend for creating TypeDictionaries. Also, the current TypeDictionaries will be replaced with the new DataTypeDefinition attribute which is defined in the new OPC UA specification V1.04 which was released today.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

yehudaro

Post by yehudaro »

Hi,

Is there a new version release of UaExpert supports in v1.04 changes (especially new DataTypeDescription)?

Regards,
Yehuda

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello Yehuda,

the upcoming release of UaExpert, which will be released in the next few weeks, will support the new DataTypeDefinition attribute.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team