How to configure the UAExpert to subscribe to Alarms and Events

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

opcuaclient

How to configure the UAExpert to subscribe to Alarms and Events

Post by opcuaclient »

I am using UA Expert client and was able to connect to the UA Server successfully and browse the events too.

I am not able to subscribe to the realtime events being generated. HEre is what I tried:

1. Added a Event View document

What is the next step to configure the client to subscribe to the realtime events?

Thanks in advance!

Support Team

Re:How to configure the UAExpert to subscribe to Alarms and Events

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

the next step after adding the event view is adding an object with the "EventNotifier" attribute set to "SubscribeToEvents" (the Server Object by default). This can be done by drag'n'drop this object from the "Adress Space" window to the "Server/Object" field of the "Event View" document.

Now the events and alarms of this object are shown in the "Events" field of the events document and can be selected here to discover their details.

Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team
Best regards

induna23

Post by induna23 »

Hi,

I tried adding the Events document as mentioned above and drooped one of the objects that has event notifier to the mentioned space.
Does UAExpert send a CreateMonitoredItem for events or a publish request for events once the event view is loaded.
Also just found that the events under SimpleEvents is unchecked. I checked the BaseModelChangeEvents and tried, but couldn't get a createmonitoreditems request for the event in my server.

What more modifications should I make ?

Thanks & Regards,
Indu

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

when you drag&drop a node with the 'EventNotifier' attribute set into the Server/Object view, UaExpert does the following things:

- Create a subscription on the according server
- Create a monitored item with the node you dropped, monitoring events
- Send publish requests so that the server can send events

The checkboxes below the subscribed node in the Server/Object view are only for selecting event fields to be received, not for setting a filter. Selecting an event in this tree is just a way to select all event fields below this event type at once.

Currently, setting an event filter is not supported, so all events will be received.

Best regards
Best regards

induna23

Post by induna23 »

Hello,

With the above mentioned steps my OPC UA Server is able to the get the CreateSubscription request and CreateMonitoredItems request and Publish request for the Events. .

For the publish response , I filled the EventNotificationList as follows :
No. Of Events : 1
No of Event fields : 1
Event field : Event Type [NodeID: 2075].

But I am not able to view the details in the UAExpert Event view->Events Tab.
I checked the ./trace log and found the the client is receiving the publish response :

OpcUa_Channel_BeginInvokeService: called for PublishRequest!
09:42:24.758Z|1|0E44* [uastack] OpcUa_Channel_BeginInvokeService: called for PublishRequest!
09:42:24.773Z|1|08A4* [uastack] OpcUa_Channel_ResponseAvailable: PublishResponse
09:42:24.789Z|1|0E44* [uastack] OpcUa_Channel_BeginInvokeService: called for PublishRequest!
09:42:24.789Z|1|08A4* [uastack] OpcUa_Channel_ResponseAvailable: PublishResponse
09:42:24.851Z|1|0E44* [uastack]

So why is it that its not able to display the details properly ?

Thanks & Regards,
Indu

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

for details on the event data contained in publish responses please refer to the UA specification. It has to match the select clause of the event filter set in the CreateMonitoredItems request.

Maybe you should consider using one of our professional UA SDKs that simplify the handling of most of the UA functionality, especially regarding to events, alarms and event filters.

Best regards
Best regards

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

This topic is solved and has been locked by the administrator.

For new issues, please create a new topic.
Best regards