Issue with History Trend View

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

pbertrand

Post by pbertrand »

Hello,

I am currently testing UA Expert because I would like to visualize and store the data sent by an OPC-UA server.
Basically, I have a PLC doing some calculations and within this PLC I have a server OPC-UA that broadcasts some of the values (read/write).

I can connect to my server easily, and see the live data on Data Access View. However, when it comes to the History Trend View I cannot drag & drop other nodes like I do for the Data Access View.

Am I missing a component on my computer?

I would happy to share some screenshot with you, but my server is currently down, but I am planning to reboot it tomorrow.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards,

pbertrand

cacamille3

Re: Issue with History Trend View

Post by cacamille3 »

I guess you are trying to drag and drop some variables which have not the Historizing Attributes set to true.
Check it in the Attributes panel.
You should get actually a warning when doing so : "Added item does not support historizing."

pbertrand

Post by pbertrand »

Hello Cacamille3,

Indeed, you are right, the Historizing in Attributes is "false".
Do you have any idea, how I can change this attribute? is it something to be changed on the server?

thanks in advance,

pbertrand
cacamille3 wrote:Check it in the Attributes panel.

cacamille3

Post by cacamille3 »

Yes you have to change that on your OPC UA Server.
The Node also need to have the access Right : CurrentRead and HistoryRead in order to be able to use the OPC UA HistoryRead Service on this node

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

UaExpert checks if the UserAccessLevel of the Variable allows HistoryRead. This has nothing to do with the Historizing Attribute.
The Historizing Attribute indicates if the server is currently recording history for that Variable.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

Sondonghoon

Post by Sondonghoon »

Good morning

Do you know how to change the setting of a variable to use the History Trend View?

I am using tia portal.

The current situation is that Historizing does not change to True and UserAccessLevel does not change to History Read.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And the Demo does not appear in the Adress Space - Root - Objects subfolder.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the historical data of an UA Node is "recorded" in the UA Server (indicating with Historizing = true) and the allowance to access such historical data is also controlled by the UA Server (indicating with HistoryRead). The data is created and recorded at the source (the UA Server).

If you can not change the attribute, this UA server may not have the capability of recording historical data of the node you are looking at (or does not support this feature for any node at all). You must check with your vendor of the UA Server, if your UA Server a) supports the HA feature, and b) if yes, how to configure it (obviously not by writing to some attribute).

Our OPC UA DemoServers have the ability to create and record (certain) nodes, and hence indicate via the dedicated attributes. Only such nodes can be used in the History Trend View of the UaExpert. The UaExpert itself can NOT record the history of nodes, it just can "display" what it has received (HistoryReadRaw) from the UA Server.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team