Datalogger view does not log when Source Timestamp changes

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

Antoni Raj

Datalogger view does not log when Source Timestamp changes

Post by Antoni Raj »

Dear Support Team,
We have our OPC UA server does firing of datachange event based on Value or Quality or Source Timestamp changes.
The data logger view in UaExpert logs data when there is value of item changes.
It does not log the data when the Source Timestamp of item alone changes ( i.e Value and Quality do not change; only Source Timestamp changes )

Do we have any option in UaExpert to log the data when the Source Timestamp of the item alone changes?

Thanks
Antoni

Support Team

Re: Datalogger view does not log when Source Timestamp chang

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

Currently there is no way of setting the DataChangeFilter of the MonitoredItems being created. We will add this to our list of feature requests for UaExpert.

Best regards
Support Team

Antoni Raj

Re: Datalogger view does not log when Source Timestamp chang

Post by Antoni Raj »

Dear Support Team,
Thanks for the update.

Regards
Antoni

Rangini

Source timestamp is not reflecting in Data access view

Post by Rangini »

Dear support team,
I am getting the data from a DB and assigned with the source timestamp. When it is connected with UA expert tool, this assigned source timestamp is coming in the attribute window . When the data is updating, the client tool is taking the local system time, instead of assigned source timestamp. Please help me if I need to change any settings in UA expert tool to reflect the source timestamp
Thank you
Regards
Rangini

Rangini

Source timestamp is not reflecting in Data access view

Post by Rangini »

Dear support team,
I am getting the data from a DB and assigned with the source timestamp. When it is connected with UA expert tool, this assigned source timestamp is coming in the attribute window . When the data is updating, the client tool is taking the local system time, instead of assigned source timestamp. Please help me if I need to change any settings in UA expert tool to reflect the source timestamp
Thank you
Regards
Rangini

Support Team

Re: Datalogger view does not log when Source Timestamp changes

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the timestamps in OPC UA are always UTC.

It is the client-side decision how to display the timestamps, many do convert into their local time zone, to make the time stamps more "easy" to read/interpret by the user. The UaExpert (client) has decided to use local time when storing in Datalogger CSV file, because the local client side CSV storage is considered local time zone. The UaExpert has no option to configure/select the timestamp used when writing to local file.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

Rangini

Post by Rangini »

Antoni Raj wrote:
16 Feb 2016, 11:09
Dear Support Team,
We have our OPC UA server does firing of datachange event based on Value or Quality or Source Timestamp changes.
The data logger view in UaExpert logs data when there is value of item changes.
It does not log the data when the Source Timestamp of item alone changes ( i.e Value and Quality do not change; only Source Timestamp changes )

Do we have any option in UaExpert to log the data when the Source Timestamp of the item alone changes?

Thanks
Antoni
Dear support team,

I am facing the same issue as quoted in the above text. Is there any settings available in UA expert tool to log the data when only source timestamp of a variable changes.?

Thank you
Rangini

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the UaExpert Datalogger-View stets the no filter (which is value, status) and implicitely contains the timestamps (both) if either value or status changes. However, if just the timestamp changes (but not the value and not the status), the data logger will not trigger this recording. It is a "data logger" but not a "timestamp" logger (even though it loggs both timestamps when the data, - here value or status -, has changed).

This filter (value & status) is the default filter in OPC UA, it is the most common and the most used, and it has the lowest bandwidth (avoid creating redundant information and wasting storage space). For that reason it is the preferred one to use.

There is no option in UaExpert's Datalogger View to change the data change filter, it is hardcoded.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team