UAexpert 1.3.1 freezing

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

torrese

UAexpert 1.3.1 freezing

Post by torrese »

I'm testing the UAExpert 1.3.1 and I've a lot of troubles. I tried to connect the UAexpert to a Matrikon UA Wrapper which in turn connect to a Matrikon Funnel. When trying to import the tags I get this error message (in red):

7:57:40.849 | DA Plugin | MatrikonOPC UA Wrapper for ... | DeleteSubscription succeeded [ret = Good]
17:57:40.849 | DA Plugin | MatrikonOPC UA Wrapper for ... | Item [NS2|String|iAlarms\BevEacsys179.BEV_Radio_heruitzending_M_AI_VSWR1_179_1] failed [ret = BadAttributeIdInvalid]
17:57:40.849 | DA Plugin | MatrikonOPC UA Wrapper for ... | CreateMonitoredItems succeeded [ret = Good]
17:57:40.849 | DA Plugin | MatrikonOPC UA Wrapper for ... | Item [NS2|String|iAlarms\BevEacsys179.BEV_Radio_heruitzending_M_AI_VSWR1_179_1]: SamplingInterval=-1, QueueSize=1, DiscardOldest=1, ClientHandle=9

Does the UAexpert refuse tag names with underscore of non standard characters?

Support Team

Re: UAexpert 1.3.1 freezing

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

There is no known issue with any characters in a NodeId. NodeIds are opaque and are treated this way by UaExpert. Therefore UaExpert just sends back to the server what was delivered before in Browse.

In addition, BadAttributeIdInvalid does not indicate that the NodeId was invalid or unknown. It indicates that the server does not support reading an attribute that was expected to be available (mandatory attribute). Why do you think this is a problem in UaExpert?

Did you try to use UaGateway instead of Matrikon UA Wrapper?
http://www.unified-automation.com/downl ... rvers.html

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

torrese

Re: UAexpert 1.3.1 freezing

Post by torrese »

Hi,

the point is that when using the UAExpert there is no way to drag and drop tags. I suppose this is because when watching at the tag structure, UAExpert sees few objects Inside the tags. Please let me know if I was clear.
Concerning the UAGateway I don't think it is able to handle Arrays of Ole Strings. Please if I'm wrong let me know.