opcua_expert not running

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

kirangothe

opcua_expert not running

Post by kirangothe »

I want to test the example servers given in the evaluation version of C++ based OPC UA Client/Server SDK Bundle v1.4.0. I also downloaded ua_expert (uaexpert-bin-linux32-x86-gcc4.5.1-v1.2.2-175.tar.gz) and then installed it in fedora 14. The reason for choosing fedora14 was it has compatible version of gcc (gcc-4.5.1) But when I run the command 'uaexpert' I am getting following message:
./uaexpert: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In fedora 14 the libssl version is /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0e whereas the installed program looks for libssl.so.1.0.0.

How do I take care of this? Do I need different linux distribution?

Similar problem was noticed while compiling server applications given in the examples in the evaluation version of C++ based SDK.
Thanks

Support Team

Re: opcua_expert not running

Post by Support Team »

Hi kirangothe,

the UaExpert was build on a OpenSuse 11 (32bit). As you may know there is no guaranteed binary compatibility within the different Linux distributions. The compiler will not be the problem because UaExpert is a stand alone package and you will not link to it like e.g. with the SDKs type of products.

The UaExpert searches for OpenSSL, but your version is newer, hence you could create a softlink and point to your new OpenSSL version. UaExpert will than load your (newer) OpenSSL (as long as this is a 32bit library).

Best Regards
Support Team

kirangothe

Re: opcua_expert not running

Post by kirangothe »

Thanks a lot. The problem of is solved by cerating a symlink to the existing library.