Initialization error

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

samirpl

Initialization error

Post by samirpl »

I'm trying to run UAExpert in a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and it's returning Initialization error. I've tested in some other servers with the same OS and others and it ran with no problems.
I'd like to know what could cause this problem to occur.

Support Team

Re: Initialization error

Post by Support Team »

Hi samirpl,

that is hard to say what the problem might be with such little of information. Which version, which initialization, when does the error occur, what is the exact error message?

The UaExpert was tested on 32bit and 64bit Windows (WinXP SP3 and Win7 SP1). Hence it should also run on 2k3 SP2 and 2k8 R2 Server even though it was not explicitely tested there and it should even run on 2k12 Server. Of course there are some typical issues that may happen, especially when system behavior was changed by Microsoft e.g. firewall, access rights to file system, or system APIs, etc.

In most cases the install was not successful and the C-Runtime could not be installed, other cause could be that required libraries could not be installed/replaced by the setup. So you should try reinstalling the UaExpert after fresh reboot and you should ensure that nothing is running or makes use of files we replace during setup (e.g. old version of UaExpert).

Best Regards
Support Team