View New Variables

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

pfay

View New Variables

Post by pfay »

Hi,

Wondering if anyone knows how to view newly created Variables (structures) in UaExpert. My newly created objects are visible but cannot see any variables. Perhaps someone has edited the UaExpert source to add this functionality??

Support Team

Re: View New Variables

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

Could you please give a little bit more information, what you have done and what you are trying to do?

Best regards
Support Team

pfay

Post by pfay »

Hi,

I have defined new ObjectTypes and DataTypes (Structures) with UaModeler. When I start the server and create new instances of my object types using CreateObject() I can view the newly created objects in UaExpert under Objects, however when I create new variables from my data types I cannot view these variables in UaExpert. Is there any way to view the complete structure/address space of my server in UaExpert, including newly created variables?

Regards

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

If you are creating the Variable using the CreateVariable method, the variable should be visible in UaExpert.
If the DataType of newly created variable is a custum structured DataType, the value of the node is displayed as "ExtensionObject". The next version of UaExpert will show structured values in a generic way.

Best regards
Support Team

pfay

Post by pfay »

Hi,

When will a version of UaExpert be available to view instances of structures. The current version only displays ExtensionObject.

Regards,
Patrick

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

This is supported by the latest UaExpert version (v1.3.0). But the TypeDictionaries have to be filled out correctly. If problems occure during parsing, you will see this in the log window, if Trace.SDKTraceEnabled == true and Trace.SDKTraceLevel is at least set to Warning in the settings of the UaExpert.

The setting General.TypeDictionaryMode defines, when the Dictionaries are read. The default value 'Reconnect' normally is the best setting.

Best regards
Support Team