Monitor children of ExtensionObject in UaExpert

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

Christian

Monitor children of ExtensionObject in UaExpert

Post by Christian »

Hello Forum,

in my OPC-UA Server I have an instance of an object which is of BaseDataVariableType. The DataType is defined by me and is a BaseDateType -> Structure with several children (UInt32, String, ...).

With UaExpert connected to the server and the object dragged to the "Default DA View" the DataType is displayed as ExtensionObject. The Value field is empty.
Opposed to that in the "Attribute Window" the Value -> Value is displaying ExtensionObject and the DataType is showing the name of my defined DataType.
In none of that views the values of the DataType children are displayed.

Here comes my question: How can I monitor the values assigned to the children (of the DataType) of the object.
Is this even possible with UaExpert? What would be an alternative?

Please let me know if you need additional information to reply to my question.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Christian

Support Team

Re: Monitor children of ExtensionObject in UaExpert

Post by Support Team »

Hello Christian,

The latest UaExpert doesn't show generic structure types.

In the DA view is shown, what was send from the server in the variant of the node. But the attribute window shows the datatype attribute. That's the reason, why the correct type name is shown.

We plan to relase a new UaExpert soon, which can show generic types. But the server then has to provide a type dictionary, which has the description for your new type. Servers based on our SDksare supporting this.

Best regards
Support Team