Authentication settings

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

cacamille3

Authentication settings

Post by cacamille3 »

Hello,

When I try to connect to my UA Server with UAExpert and my UAServer return in GetEndpointsResponse the endpoints list and authentication mode available,
UA Expert still have the Anonymous radio button checked even if my Server does not have Anonymous access authorized.
Then If I do not click on one of the available authentication mode, UAExpert will try to connect in Anonymous mode resulting in BadIdentityTokenInvalid error.

You could see on the attached picture that the radio button for Anonymous is in grey whereas it should be like the one for Certificate and the selected shall be better automatically goes in the first available...

Support Team

Re: Authentication settings

Post by Support Team »

Dear cacamille3,

I can't see any error in the UaExpert.
When you connect "anonym" to an endpoint that requires user/pwd, the server should return "BadInvalidToken". The Expert is not "reacting" on any returned endpoint destription content, the user has to select and the server will respond.

Best Regards
Support Team

cacamille3

Re: Authentication settings

Post by cacamille3 »

This is not a real error,
Only that by default the first radio button is always selected and could lead to that "problem", user thinking that one is already selected...