UaExpert on Windows XP

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

ingmar_kuehl

UaExpert on Windows XP

Post by ingmar_kuehl »

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'v used quite for a while the UaExpert on a Windows 7 system. This works pretty well.

But today I've tried to setup the UaExpert (1.2.1 and also 1.2.2) on a Windows XP system in our lab. The system itself has no Internet access.
I can see the splash screen and the text in the upper left corner "Loading platform layer...", if I press to start the UaExpert. But then the UaExpert stops and nothing more does happen.

Do I need any supporting software beneath the raw operating system to run successfully the UaExpert?

I'm looking forward for any kind of hints to overcome this issue.

Best regards, Ingmar Kühl

Support Team

Re: UaExpert on Windows XP

Post by Support Team »

Hello Ingmar,

please make sure that your Windows XP has Service Pack 3 installed, this is what UaExpert is tested with.
An internet connection is not necessary for UaExpert to work. The automatic update feature of course will then not work.

Could you please describe more precisely what you mean with 'UaExpert stops'?
What version and edition of Windows XP do you use (Home / Professional etc.)?
Are you logged in with an administrator or a limited account?

Best regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

ingmar_kuehl

Re: UaExpert on Windows XP

Post by ingmar_kuehl »

Dear Support team,

thanks for your immediate reply. I had already upgraded to Service pack 3. I have added today another user account which is able to start up the UaExpert successfully. I found no clue why I wasn't able with the other user to start the UaExpert. But anyway, it does work now. Both accounts have full system administrator priveleges. Seem to be rather an XP issue.

Thanks another time.

Best regards, Ingmar