ConnectionErrorApiReconnect

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

taffou

ConnectionErrorApiReconnect

Post by taffou »

Hello,

- i use UaExpert(1.2.2 175) on my XP WIN to monitoring the Data of our machine via a OPC UA Server named miniweb running on Linux-Host,
- once in a while i can see the 'ConnectionErrorApiReconnect'-ErorCode into the logfile of UaExpert,
- after a few search in internet i found that this ErrorCode means: "The monitoring of the connection to the server detected an error and is trying to reconnect to the server"
- My question: what kind of error can create this ErrorCode?
- I am definitely sure that it is no physical hardware disconnection between Client(UaExpert) and the Server(miniweb).
- i suppose that for the very few time the server don't response to client, the client receive "ConnectionErrorApiReconnect" and then the client try to reconnect to server.
- Is there the way to deal this with a timeout into UaExpert?

In Attachemnt is the log of the UaExpert-Client. The 'ConnectionErrorApiReconnect' appear on line 808, 639, 470, 335, 240, 185, 71, 43, 14, 6 and 1.

Thanks,
Taffou

Support Team

Re: ConnectionErrorApiReconnect

Post by Support Team »

Hello Taffou,

it seems like uploading the attachment with your traces didn't work.
It's hard to say whats going on wrong with this information, but the most common cause of such a problem is time synchronization.

Linux boxes are typically running ntpd for time synchronization. This is a good thing but huge time jumps of multiple seconds or more can cause timeouts in the UA protocol.

But this also depends on implementation details. In the Unified Automation SDKs we changed the OpcUa_GetTickCount implementation (which is used for timeout computation) a while ago to use the monotonic time and not the system time for this reason.

If your server (miniweb) doesn't use a monotonic time it might be affected by the same problem.

This is just a guess. Please contact your server vendor to clarify this.

regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

taffou

Post by taffou »

Hello,

thanks for the answer!

When i try to upload the log file (ua_expert_client.log), i get this error: "The extension log is not allowed".
Change the log file name to ua_expert_client.txt, i get "The extension txt is not allowed."

Please can you tell me, how can i upload the log file?

Regards,
Taffou

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello Taffou.

There was an error in our upload form. We now unlocked the different extensions. Please retry attaching the log file and send it to us again.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

taffou

Post by taffou »

Thank you.

Now the log file.

Regards,
Taffou

taffou

Post by taffou »

Hello,

i made a more tests,
Test 1:
- miniweb runs on linux-Host with 2 CPUs x (Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz),
- and my UaExpert on XP Win
- during this test the "ConnectionErrorApiReconnect" appears only one time into the log file,
- and the test takes more that three days

Test 2:
- this Test correspond to my first post,
- for this test miniweb runs on linux-Host with only 1 CPUs x (Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.00GHz)
- frequently(about every 3 hours) "ConnectionErrorApiReconnect" appears into the log file,

My assumption:
The miniweb of Test 2 is slow and don't respond to the UaExpert quickly, may be that's why "ConnectionErrorApiReconnect" appears frequently into the log file.

My question: Is there the way in UaExpert to increase the time of waiting of response of the server? Or something like that?

In Attachement the log of UaExpert in Test 1

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello Taffou,

you can change the timeout values for UA calls in UaExpert's menu

Settings -> Configure UaExpert...

There you can configure the general timeout for UA service calls with the setting General.CallTimeout. Configuring the session watchdog is possible using General.WatchdogTime and General.WatchdogTimeout.

Nevertheless you should contact the server vendor: looking at the log files it seems like either Publish or Read would fail, so there seems to be an issue in the server. If you want to provide a more detailed logfile to the server vendor for analyzing, you can enable an additional trace in the UaExpert settings using Trace.SDKTraceEnabled, Trace.StackTraceEnabled and the associated settings. For this trace to work please ensure that the location of Trace.Filename is writable for UaExpert.

Best regards,
Support Team

taffou

Post by taffou »

Hello,

- we solved the problem :),
- they was a bug in server running on our target, namely the unix epoch time was intermittent wrong on the target.

Thanks for the support