NOT ABLE TO BROWSER ADDRESS SPACE FROM PI OPC HDA SERVER

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

Ricardo1790

NOT ABLE TO BROWSER ADDRESS SPACE FROM PI OPC HDA SERVER

Post by Ricardo1790 »

Hi guys I'm currently using UA Gateway 1.5.2 in order to retrieve real time and historical data from PI Server using PI OPC DA Server 2018 x64 and PI OPC HDA Server 2016 respectively.

The issue that I'm facing right now is regarding the historical data. When I try yo browse the address space of the PI OPC HDA Server the following message show up in the UA Gateway logs:

16:59:36.241 | General | | OpcUa_Channel_ResponseAvailable: Request failed! (0x800A0000)
16:59:36.141 | AddressSpaceModel | UaGateway@localhost | Browser on node 'ns=6;s=F:\\<PI_SERVER_NAME>' failed with error 'BadTimeout'
17:01:07.405 | General | | [uastack] OpcUa_SecureConnection_AbortResponse: Unknown response with id 2480
17:01:08.217 | General | | [uastack] OpcUa_SecureConnection_AbortResponse: Unknown response with id 2481

The odd thing is that for the PI OPC DA server I can browse data without any issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best,
Ricardo

Support Team

Re: NOT ABLE TO BROWSER ADDRESS SPACE FROM PI OPC HDA SERVER

Post by Support Team »

Hello Ricardo,

to get more details about what happens here please turn on the trace in UaGateway setting the trace levels to:
ApplicationTrace = Data
Stack Trace = DEBUG

see here to get help configuring the trace:
http://documentation.unified-automation.com/uagateway/1.5.7/html/administration_sec.html#sec_trace

You should find some trace entries like:

Code: Select all

11:48:06.301Z|6|04EC* --> ComHdaServerMgt::browse
11:48:07.403Z|6|04EC* <-- ComHdaServerMgt::browse [hr=0x1]
In this case browsing the underlying COM HDA Server took a bit more than one second. That is the minimum time UaGateway needs to process the request and return the result back to the UA Client. If this operation takes longer than the TimeoutHint the UA Client uses to call browse on UaGateway this will end up in a timeout on the client side UA communication stack.
The solution for this case would be to increase the timeout setting in the UA Client.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team