Automatized Configuration

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

maxcarrel

Automatized Configuration

Post by maxcarrel »

Hello,

For our project, we are looking to automatize the configuration of our machines (including UaGateway). It seems that most options can be configured in configuration files. Is there a way to include the product key (license) without accessing the UI (config file, command line or registry editing)? I could not find this in the documentation.

Thanks!

Support Team

Re: Automatized Configuration

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

no without UI (license activation dialog) it is not possible to add/import the license key. The license is "per installation" and hence individually different for each single PC you install the UaGateway on. Therefore, after the installation some UI steps have to be performed: User/pwd for the launching user, change service logon rights, add user group and add local user credentials to that group, etc., and the license import.

You could write yourself a script or batch file, that is copying the correct license file to the UaGateway targetdir "bin" folder. You would need to edit the batchfile for every single installation, so it has not much of an advantage. However this is not and will not be the intention, and you still must configure all the other required initial settings (with using UI, adninistration and configuration dialog).
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

maxcarrel

Re: Automatized Configuration

Post by maxcarrel »

Hi,

Thank you for your input. I understand that the license file will be different for each installation, we just tried to not have to import it manually. I understand that this is in fact possible (copying the license file to the bin folder) but that the other steps (service logon rights, user group, etc.) cannot and is not planned to be. I will see what can be automatized and what will be done manually as a result. Anyway, thank you for your reply!

Max