Problem with the gateway

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

yvermeil

Problem with the gateway

Post by yvermeil »

Hello,
I currently have a problem witht eh UA gateway.

With a client I can connect my OPC server UA, browse it and collect data.
If I configure the gateway on this OPC server, I can connect it, but if I try to connect the gateway via the same client (UaExpert) I cannot browse the sub folder "OPC server UA".
See the following error:
[img width=259]http://www.unified-automation.com/image ... teway.jpeg[/img]

Browse failed with error 'BadNodeIdUnkown'.

The OPC server is located on a remote computer.It's probably an issue with the configuration but ...
Any idea ?

thanks.

Support Team

Re:Problem with the gateway

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

please check if the connection to the underlying UA server is established using the 'Configuration Tool' delivered with the UaGateway. In the 'Server Status' field of the according node in the 'Devices Address Space' you will read 'Connected' if the connection to the underlying server was established.

If this is the case you will be able to browse the underlying server's address space via the UaGateway. If the 'Server Status' field indicates connection problems, please recheck the connection settings for the underlying server (Endpoint URL correct? Security enabled?).

Also please note that you will not be able to browse the underlying server using the 'Configuration Tool' - it only displays the configured servers in the 'Devices Address Space'. For browsing the address space of the UaGateway, please use another client (e.g. the UaExpert).

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

yvermeil

Re:Problem with the gateway

Post by yvermeil »

Hello,

In the configuration tool, the server status is connected. If I connect an OPC client to the gateway, I can connect it, I can browse all linked OPC servers (UA, DA ...), but cannot browse after the root node of my UA OPC Server (BadNodeIdUnknown).
Using the same OPC client, and same connection properties, I can directly connect the UA OPC Server and browse everything I want..

FYI.
When I try to browse a OPC Server DA also connected to the gateway, it's working fine.

Do we have some restrictions with: name of the OPC server, gateway installed remotly etc ...

Thanks.

Support Team

Re: Problem with the gateway

Post by Support Team »

Hello yvermeil,

when the connection status is shown as "connected" but below the root node you can not browse anyting, the only explaination is that the configuration of the UaGateway got corrupted by whatever reason. Maybe by configuring back and forth it got inconsistent. First you should delete all the "recently used" entries in the Configuration Tool's server browser where you have added the connections. Than you should unintall the UaGateway completely (this will remove all configuration files) and afer that you should reinstall the UaGateway again. You need to add all the underlying connections again.

By this you will get a "clean" configuration and the connections will be properly added again.

Best Regards
Support Team