HIMA X-OTS Servers and Beckhoff-OPC-UA-Client

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

aharrer

HIMA X-OTS Servers and Beckhoff-OPC-UA-Client

Post by aharrer »

Hello,

I am curently using X-OTS from the company HIMA to emulate the HIMA PLC´s virtual. The X-OTS offers the protocoll OPC-DA.
https://www.hima.com/index.php?eID=dump ... 05e0640a8b

In order to test the HIMA-Software i want to simulate the environment (like virtual commisioning)
in the environment TwinCat from the company Beckhoff who offers OPC-UA.

Our company bought a license of the UAgateway, where i currently use 4 X-OTS-Server.
In TwinCat i can communicate with the UAgateway via OPC-UA.

The problem is that beckhoff sends a package for every single created variable. This makes my simulation very slow.

I know that the UA-Standard is also capable of reading nodes if they exist in the UAgateway namespace.

So my question is: How can i improve the performance of my system?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Andreas Harrer

Support Team

Re: HIMA X-OTS Servers and Beckhoff-OPC-UA-Client

Post by Support Team »

Hello Andreas,
The problem is that beckhoff sends a package for every single created variable. This makes my simulation very slow.
Does that mean the UA Client doesn't use mass calls but instead does single service calls for each variable? Can you please explain what exactly you observe here?
Which UA services are used here (just read or write)? How frequently do those calls occur (e.g. like once a second or every millisecond)
I know that the UA-Standard is also capable of reading nodes if they exist in the UAgateway namespace.
UaGateway is an aggregating server that just passed calls though and gathers required information on the fly. There is no global cache in UaGateway.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team