OPCUA Server with UA-Gateway and webfactory 2010

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

ralf01

OPCUA Server with UA-Gateway and webfactory 2010

Post by ralf01 »

Hi

I have connected the UA Gateway with my OPC UA Server. The connection between the server and UA Gateway works fine. Now I try to create an GUI-App with webfactory as OPC Client. In Webfactory Studio I can see all my variables and add them to a group. But in my application I get no data for the variables. When i run the webfactory 2010 Activity Analyzer I can see that the creation of the group fails (Error (Code: -3) while creating OPC Group Test in OPC Server srv-haustechnik\UnifiedAutomation.UaGateway). I know this is not the right forum for the support of webfactory. But has anyone an idea what the problem is?

TIA
Ralf

Support Team

Re: OPCUA Server with UA-Gateway and webfactory 2010

Post by Support Team »

Hi Ralf,

this sounds like some DCOM issue. The UaGateway must be installed on the machine where the classic COM Client is located, only in that case the configuration is "simple", plus you can run secured OPC UA over the network. You should not run a remote connection for the classic OPC.

When you can browse and see the tags within the configuration GUI (one COM DA Client), but you can not see the data in the runtime HMI (other COM DA Client) the first assumption is that these two clients run in different User Context. Second possibility is that only on direction works (call from Client to Server is allowed, Read, Browse) but other direction (call from Server to Client, when sending data) is not allowed by you DCOM settings or your firewall. The receiving process (the Webfactory Client) must allow access permission for the UaGateway in order to receive data change.

Error Code -3 is no official OPC error code, you must check this one with Webfactory people.

Best Regards
Support Team