Problem while writing to OPC Classic DA Server

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

ahmadkhalid

Problem while writing to OPC Classic DA Server

Post by ahmadkhalid »

Hi,

I am currently evaluating the Ua Gateway. I am able to browse and write to normal DA Servers such as Softing etc.
I am also able to browse a classic OPC server like Prosys Simulation Server but when I try to write to some tag, it says that the write was succesful but actually it does not get reflected on the server. Am i missing anything or is there any problem writing to classic OPC servers?.

Thanks

Support Team

Re: Problem while writing to OPC Classic DA Server

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

UaGateway is a transparent wrapper. It is not doing any data caching. All read and write calls with values and results are directly passed through. If UaGateway reports success, it is most likely that the underlying COM DA server returned success for the write.

Some simulation servers make written values only visible to the same client. Another reason can be that the simulation server is started twice with two different users. UaGateway is running as service and another client that is running interactive may be connected to another instance of the server. This is normally caused by a misconfiguration of the COM server regarding the COM Identity used to start the server.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team