How to check if it works?

Questions regarding the use of the Java SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkjava

myp

How to check if it works?

Post by myp »

Hi.

To be honest, my knowledge of OPC is not great. However, this is what i have so far:

* I've set up a Matrikon DA simulation server, created a variable 'myp' with a random integer changing every 1000 ms.

* I've connected to the Matrikon Server with UaGateway, and checked that it actually work by connecting the UaGateway to Matrikon Explorer. Here i can see the random integer fine.

* I've then set up the Java SDK SampleConsoleClient, and successfully connected to UaGateway.

What i would really like is to see is Eclipse making an output of my 'myp' variable. I guess i need to set up a subscription (i could be wrong), but from the menu i went to:

8 (create a subscription) -> 1 (nodeid) .

I then get something like:

Code: Select all

attribute: NodeId
----------------------------------------
Subscription: Id=4 ItemId=1
- Enter x to end (and remove) the subscription
- Enter p to pause the subscription (e.g. to add new items
- Enter r to remove an item from the subscription

I assume everything so far is correct, but is there a way to see the output from my Matrikon Server in Eclipse?

Regards,
Michael

Support Team

Re: How to check if it works?

Post by Support Team »

Dear Michael,

just to see if it works, you could also try to read the Node several times. But creating a subscription and adding the monitored item is the typical approach. You should make sure that the NodeID you are using is really correct, including the NamespaceIndex. To read out the correct NodeId you can use the UaExpert (full nodeID is displayed in the "Attribute-Window").

Best Regards
Support Team