no node list with Siemens OPC Scout

Questions regarding the use of the Java SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkjava

Peter Eser

no node list with Siemens OPC Scout

Post by Peter Eser »

Hi,

I try to get a connection with Siemens OPC Scout V10 with my server application. I can discover my server from OPC Scout and even connect, but
no nodes are shown, even not the default nodes Objects,Types,Views. I emptied my server, so no nodes are created at all from myself, but no difference.
Seems the listing of the nodes goes wrong somehow.
I do not see any error messages at my side, the Siemens software seems to have no logs. All is fine with UAExpert!

Any idea would be helpful. Has someone successfully used Siemens OPC Scout? Thanks and Regards,

Peter

Peter Eser

Re: no node list with Siemens OPC Scout

Post by Peter Eser »

...after a day of debugging I'm not any further.
Analysed the traffic with Wireshark. All seems fine, the OPC Scout sends a BrowseRequest for root nodeid=84 and gets back the
BrowseResponse for the nodes Objects nodeid=85, Types nodeid=86, Views nodeid=87.
I had a look at a response of a Siemens OPCUA-Server and the only relevant (in my opinion) difference is that the DisplayName (LocalizedText) "Object", "Types", "Views"
has a Locale "en" and here my own server sends nothing ([OPCUA Empty String]).
I then tried to explicitly set the Locale with:

Code: Select all

final UaObject rootObjectsFolder = server.getNodeManagerRoot().getObjectsFolder();
        rootObjectsFolder.setDisplayName(new LocalizedText(rootObjectsFolder.getDisplayName().getText(), Locale.ENGLISH));
        final UaObject rootTypesFolder = server.getNodeManagerRoot().getTypesFolder();
        rootTypesFolder.setDisplayName(new LocalizedText(rootTypesFolder.getDisplayName().getText(), Locale.ENGLISH));
        final UaObject rootViewsFolder = server.getNodeManagerRoot().getViewsFolder();
        rootViewsFolder.setDisplayName(new LocalizedText(rootViewsFolder.getDisplayName().getText(),Locale.ENGLISH));
but if I afterwards check the locale with

Code: Select all

String locale = rootObjectsFolder.getDisplayName().getLocaleId();
locale is "". So it seems to be not possible to set the Locale of the 3 must have nodes under root.

Any help would be great,

Regards, Peter

Peter Eser

Post by Peter Eser »

...forgot to mention: the Java SDK Sample Server doesn't work with Siemens OPC Scout, too.
The C++ SDK Sample Server works!

brunoK

Post by brunoK »

Hi Peter,

Could this be of some help https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf ... ageSize=10

Regards.