Beckhoff integration

Questions regarding the use of the Java SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkjava

gustavovl

Beckhoff integration

Post by gustavovl »

Hello everybody, I'm new to Beckhoff and I couldn't find the solution yet, I hope someone can enlight me! :)
I need to integrate two distinct and already functional systems: one is working with a Raspberry connected to other devices; the other one is a Bechoff unit getting sensors data. Now I need to get these data captured by the Beckhoff and send them to the Raspberry.
Does someone know if I can access these sensors data in a Beckhoffs unit (it's a CX9020, but we can use a EK1100 as well...) by the Raspberry without using any other intermediate device (just the board and the unit)? Is there some api or something where I could access these values (for example, by one new process running in the OS unit)?
Thank you

Support Team

Re: Beckhoff integration

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

do you have any OPC UA related question? or question on using the Java SDK in your above post?

If you need help in programming the Beckhoff device, please ask at the Beckhoff support. Generally there is a OPC UA Server in the TwinCat package, that enables exposing of information. Second there is a UA Client (PLC Open Funciton Bolcks) theat enable the Beckhoff to act as a UA Client. For the Raspberry there are different OPC UA implementations available. However, when you want to program the Raspberry GPIO pins, please look into the various websites and forums for Raspberry.

Best Regards
Support Team

gustavovl

Re: Beckhoff integration

Post by gustavovl »

Thank you for answering me and I'm really sorry for the post, it's in a wrong place and I'll shut it. I think this kind of question doesn't belong in any section here in the forum, right? Thank you again for the attention.