NodeManager type and EventType

Questions regarding the use of the Java SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkjava

shauney

NodeManager type and EventType

Post by shauney »

Hi, I am just getting to grips with the concepts of the SDK so please excuse any stupid questions!

I am loading in a model from an xml file using server.getNodeManagerTable().loadModel()
I can then access the NodeManager for these nodes via server.getNodeManagerTable().getNodeManager(NodeId);

I am following the SDK guide and would like to create and trigger a normal event, my problem is that when creating an EventType the constructor wants a NodeManagerUaNode type whereas I have a NodeManager type.

What is the difference between NodeManager and NodeManagerUaNode?

Thanks
Shaun

Support Team

Re: NodeManager type and EventType

Post by Support Team »

Hi Shaun,

NodeManager is the interface between SDK and a application specific class implementing access to a namespace in the server.

NodeManagerUaNode is the tool-kit implementation of the interface NodeManager. It provides an implementation of the interface that simplifies the use of the SDK and works for most use cases.

You should be able to check if the NodeManager interface you get is implemented by NodeManagerUaNode.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

shauney

Re: NodeManager type and EventType

Post by shauney »

Ah I see so if it supports UaNode I can just cast it to the SDK NodeManagerUaNode type.

Thankyou for your help :)