Missing uaconfigd.lib

Questions regarding the use of the ANSI C SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkc

Utkrist

Missing uaconfigd.lib

Post by Utkrist »

Hello,

I am trying to install the Evaluation Version of ANSI C based OPC UA Client/Server SDK + Pub/Sub Bundle v1.9.4. It is mentioned that the evaluation edition is available for GCC, Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017 compilers. I downloaded the zip file, extracted it and then ran the installer.
While building the SDK with CMake, I set my generator to Visual Studio 17.0 2022, which was not recognized by CMake. To solve this, I added this

Code: Select all

elseif (${MSVC_VERSION} MATCHES ^193[0-9]$)
      set(COMPILER_DIR vs2022)
in SetThirdPartyPaths.cmake. Then I also changed the directory to find OpenSSL. The solution successfully built, but while building I get a "LNK1104 cannot open file 'uaconfigd.lib' " error. I searched the whole SDK but could not find it. I am wondering if I did something wrong while building or if I have to do something else. I also could not find any documentation for building this particular SDK.

Support Team

Re: Missing uaconfigd.lib

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

with the evaluation-edition you can recompile the examples, but nothing else.
Only if you purchase the source code edition your will be able to recompile the SDK.

https://documentation.unified-automation.com/uasdkc/1.9.4/html/L1BuildInstructions.html
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

Utkrist

Post by Utkrist »

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

That's the thing. I am only trying to run the examples. Let me elaborate.

I am trying to run the evaluation version on visual studio 2022. The website mentions that a 32-bit version for 2017 is available, which is the one I downloaded. After extracting and running the installer, I found that .sln files for the examples were already available, but when I try and build it I get this error.
Error MSB8036 The Windows SDK version 10.0.16299.0 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution". uaserverc C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.Cpp.WindowsSDK.targets

I tried to install this SDK version on visual studio installer, but it's not there anymore. The oldest version available is Windows 10 SDK (10.0.18362.0) After this, I tried to build using CMake as mentioned above, but ultimately got the error that uaconfigd.lib was missing. Keep in mind that I am only trying to build the examples until now.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the delivered solution in the eval-edition (e.g. VS2017) is referencing a certain Windows SDK version (e.g. 10.0.16299.0) AND a certain C-Runtime version (e.g. v14.1), which are the ones it was build with (as comming with original VS2017). When opening the solution with different e.g. VS2022 (comming with newer Windows SDK and newer C-Runtime) you will be asked what to do, you just need to select "latest" Target Platform (as long it is still same or newer 10.0.xxx version). The VS2022 will now modify the solution and you should be able to compile the examples.

If you generate with CMake it is generally the same. Open in VS and right click the project >> Properties >> General >> Target Platform Version (dropdown) >> select what you have (should be same or newer).
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team