Documentation for settings.conf

Questions regarding the use of the ANSI C SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkc

rittal-beck

Documentation for settings.conf

Post by rittal-beck »

Hey,

is there anywhere a documentation for the settings.conf and all the other configs? I have the problem when I set a setting in uaserver_config.h it will be changed from some setting in one of the build*.sh scripts.

I thought, I only have to config it once with uaserver_config.h but it seems it will be needed more than once. Would be nice if there will be a documentation about how it works, especially for the settings.conf and what you really need for it.

I really have to say, i expected a much better documentation from a professional stack like yours (especially for that price). Also there a so much compiler warnings and you just disable those, I don't think that isn't good coding style and it speaks not for good quality. Sorry to say that, at the moment I'm a bit disappointed, and I wouldn't recommend your stack to anybody I like.

When you release a version maybe the first of all look if the examples work with it. The demo_c_server examples doesn't work out of the box. Just one example.

Kind Regards

Support Team

Re: Documentation for settings.conf

Post by Support Team »

Hello rittal-beck,

settings.conf/.ini

There is documentation of the settings.conf/.ini as inline comments inside the files. The settings files simply reflect the configuration you can also do programatically by modifying the server's UaServer_Configuration structure you get with UaServer_GetConfiguration().

The demoserver example works out of the box with the provided settings file when using the build*.sh scripts. Prerequisite is having the OpenSSL devel libraries and headers on your system, as described in http://documentation.unified-automation ... rview.html.

If you don't have OpenSSL on your system, our buildsystem will detect that and issue a warning during the CMake step of building the SDK. In that case, you need to adapt the settings file accordingly, as it is preconfigured to provide secure endpoints, which obviously is not possible when building the server without OpenSSL.

The lines you need to change for configuring the server to run without security are as follows:

Code: Select all

[Endpoints]
Endpoints/0/SecurityPolicies = SecurityPolicy_None
Endpoints/0/UserTokenPolicies = Anonymous
Endpoints/0/PKIStore = PKIStore_None
uabase/uaclient/uaserver_config.h.in

The files uabase/uaclient/uaserver_config.h are being generated by CMake using the input files uabase/uaclient/uaserver_config.h.in. If you want to make changes to the files, modify the input files (*.in) and CMake will regenerate the output files including your changes when building the SDK.

Warnings and suppressed warnings

You don't say anything about the actual warnings you are seeing or which are suppressed that you see as critical, so we cannot give an explanation about the reason for suppressing the warnings. We build our SDK warning free with lots of warnings enabled that are disabled by default, so we cannot really see the reason for your criticism.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team