ANSI C Client SDK Blocked on "begin read"

Questions regarding the use of the ANSI C SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkc

dbirman

ANSI C Client SDK Blocked on "begin read"

Post by dbirman »

Hello,
Currently I have a Opc Ua Client written for a arm v9 linux kernel 2.6.21-ts. All the libraries were compiled using the compiler for that platform. The issue I am experiencing is that when I am reading more than 160 unique addresses in a single session at some point (in the very near future after start) after a few successful reads the function UaClient_Session_BeginRead actually becomes "stuck" or blocked. Since I have purchased the Ansi C source I looked at the source to see where it would be and for the life of me I can't seem to see where it would happen almost all communication is A-sync.

Currently For my read function I am running a state machine is shown in the lessons with some extra added on. But when I drop the addresses down to 160 or less there is no issue.

What is also very interesting is that I started a emulator on my PC and wrote the same exact compiled code on the emulator using my laptop resources. And the program ran without an issue. Is it possible that this could be a memory issue? Current on my Arm9 device I have about 40 mB free which i assume should be enough for the library.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Daniel

Support Team

Re: ANSI C Client SDK Blocked on "begin read"

Post by Support Team »

Hello dbirman,

please use https://webdav.unifiedautomation.com/su ... _form.html to issue a support request containing your customer id. We will need more detailed information about the scenario which leads to the problem and the application using the AnsiC client SDK. If possible, please also attach a Wireshark trace and a full SDK trace (Level = All) of the scenario.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team