How to connect Hello word tutorial server to TWINCAT plc

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

devaphani

How to connect Hello word tutorial server to TWINCAT plc

Post by devaphani »

Hi ,
Could YOU PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO CONNECT hello world example server to TWINCAT PLC INTIALLY Iam trying to connect and disconnect server from PLC.

Support Team

Re: How to connect Hello word tutorial server to TWINCAT plc

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

could you please send some more information. What is exactly the problem? Maybe you can send some error messages or screenshots?

Best regards
Support Team

devaphani

Post by devaphani »

Thanks for your response I am new for this can you help me or send me some document how to connect UA Demoserver with TWINCAT PLC :

Thanks you

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

First of all you should read this book to get a basic understanding of OPC UA:
http://www.amazon.com/OPC-Unified-Archi ... 074&sr=8-1

Second, from your unprecise questions it is hard to guess what your problem is or what you are trying to do. However, I assume you are trying to connect the Twincat OPC UA Server with the UaDemoServer running on a different machine. As you might have found out yourself these are both UA Servers and hence can not be connected directly. Now another assumption is that you try to use the newly defined PLCopen function blocks. Therefore you must use the "client-side" of the Twincat UA product. This can only be done by calling special function blocks inside the PLC code (IEC61131-3). To do so you must have the latest Twincat version (or at least a version that supports UA-client-side) and you must read the Twincat documentation for details.

Best Regards
Support Team