Override class member built-in type methods

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

alccetinkaya

Override class member built-in type methods

Post by alccetinkaya »

Hello,

I have an object type with the built-in NonExclusiveLevelAlarmType type as a member. This type has Acknowledge, Enable, Disable etc. methods. I want to override its methods to apply my business logic. Since it's a class member, I couldn't find a way to override it. My question is, how is it possible to override built-in type methods in general?

Additionally, I'm using UaModuler to create objects. When I look at the NodeId namespace index of NonExclusiveLevelAlarmType members, variables are 2 (my node manager's index), but methods are 0. Is that correct?

Thanks

Support Team

Re: Override class member built-in type methods

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

You can implement your business logic in the NodeManagerBase by overriding the method OnAcknowledge. The ServerGetting started tutorial shows an example for that in lesson 6.
see https://documentation.unified-automation.com/uasdkcpp/1.8.3/html/L3GettingStartedLesson06.html#L4GettingStartedLesson06_Step05

The same way you can overrride the methods Enable, Disable etc.
In OPC UA it is allowed to call a method using the Method NodeId of the Type (instead of the Method NodeId of the instance). For the ConditionTypes the generated code just creates a reference to the Acknowledge method on the type, instead of creating an additional method node for each condition instance. So yes, that is correct.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

Utkrist

Re: Override class member built-in type methods

Post by Utkrist »

Hi,

I have a follow up question to this. For Instance, here is the signature of the method I want to override.

Code: Select all

virtual UaStatus GetLatestResult(
        const ServiceContext& serviceContext,
        OpcUa_Int32 ResourceTimeout,
        OpcUa_UInt32& ResultHandle,
      OpcUaTi::ResultDataType& Result,
        OpcUa_Int32& Error);
I am also using UaModeler to import multiple Xml files, therefore there are multiple namespaces in the address space. I tried overriding this method on the NodeManagerBase of the final namespace (as shown by UaExpert),but I do not get the desired result. I also thought any business logic should be implemented on the NodeManager, which inherits from NodeManagerBase. Is this not true?