Is there a tag limit in UAExpert?

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

SuatAricanli

Is there a tag limit in UAExpert?

Post by SuatAricanli »

Hi,

I have about 500K tags, no folders.

What is the highest number of tags that the SDK has been tested with, without folders? Are there any benchmarks?

I want to trouble-shoot but do not know where to start.

Cheers,

Suat

Support Team

Re: Is there a tag limit in UAExpert?

Post by Support Team »

Hi,
i cant see any usefull case to have 500k nodes in one folder, except for some testing ans theoretical discusions.

However, OPC UA has mechanizm to overcome a potentially long lasting, very high load browse request, which might end up in hang for freeze scenario (especially when filling synchronously into a GUI. The parameters are defined in OPC UA specification and good SDK implementations will respect such settings and handle the situation correctly. These parapeters are relate to the maximum elements to return and a point to continue browsing, in case there are more elements.

The default limit in UaExpert is 1000.

In your case the UaExpert will do 500 browse calls which each 1000 elements to be returned. I can not see any limit (except the fact that configuration seems stupid). In any case the UaExpert log window will tell you if there are any errors.

Keep in mind : browsing tags is something different than subscribing to tags (subscription will have new/other limits to be respected by the client)
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team