Communication error

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

cispy

Communication error

Post by cispy »

Hello, I'm new about OPC UA and I'm trying to implement an OPC UA server into an existing c++ software.
In general I'm able to publish the data, however some times I have a problem with some of them. In particular, using the UA Expert software I can read this message " Browse on node 'ns=1;i=245' failed with error 'BadNoContinuationPoints' ". I looked for some details about the problem, but I wasn't able to find any kind of information. Do you know the meaning of the message?

Support Team

Re: Communication error

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

most likely you are using some open source implementation for your UA server, but not our SDK. My educated guess would be, that this open source software is buggy or incomplete, when not supporting continuation points with the browsing. Furthermore in namespace "1" you typically do not have any node named "245", because it is reserved for instances of diagnostic info.

Have you experienced the same errors when using our commercial C++ SDK ?

Please note: in this forum we only support the commercial toolkits from Unified Automation.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team