Browse current alarms and acknowledge by event id

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

freddyvdh

Browse current alarms and acknowledge by event id

Post by freddyvdh »

Hi,

I'm searching for an example to browse the current alarms (to get the current event ids) and to acknowledge an alarm with event id. Is there anything available?
My use case is, that I get the node id (identifier and namespace index) and I want to acknowledge the current alarm. At the moment the acknowledgement is processed only by the node id, but some UA servers can't handle this.

Thanks,
Frederik

Support Team

Re: Browse current alarms and acknowledge by event id

Post by Support Team »

Dear Frederik,

The NodeId of the Alarm (ConditionId) and the EventId is received with every event notification if the corresponding event fields are selected.

The NodeId of the Alarm is used as ObjectId and the NodeId of the Acknowledge Method from the AcknowledgeableCondtionType is used as MethodId.

If you want to get the last event again, the ConditonRefresh Method can be called on the ConditionType.

There is a full alarm example with refresh and acknowledge in the C++ demo console client:
https://documentation.unified-automation.com/uasdkcpp/1.7.4/html/L2TutorialClientExample.html
client_cpp_sdk.cpp
Method subscribeAlarms()
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team