Logging from UaPlatformLayer::init() not possible

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

FrankJanus

Logging from UaPlatformLayer::init() not possible

Post by FrankJanus »

Hello,
I get an error -1 calling UaPlatformLayer::init() on an computer without an debugger.

To call LibT::initTrace() before UaPlatformLayer::init() is not posible because of the UaStrings for traceFile and appName.

Is there a other posibillity to see which part of the init() return with errorcode ?
I only got the assert uaplatformlayer.cpp line 179. But this don't tell me if there is a problem with ssl or with xml or somthing else.

Thanks Frank

Support Team

Re:Logging from UaPlatformLayer::init() not possible

Post by Support Team »

Hi Frank,

With the current version of the OPC UA stack it is not possible to use any of the SDK classes before the stack platform layer is not initialized since all calls use a call pointer table to access the OPC UA stack platform layer. This is a limitation of the current OPC UA stack. The next SDK version will use a updated version of the stack that allows static linking of the platform layer. With the new version it will be possible to activate trace before the platform layer is initialized.

The only option with the current version is to add your own print outputs to console or to a text file.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team
Best regards

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi Frank,

A typical reason for failing UaPlatformLayer::init() is that the platform layer is already initialized and the stack is already used e.g. a OPC UA client DLL and a server DLL are used in the same process and both are doing their own init calls.

Best Regards,
Best regards

FrankJanus

Post by FrankJanus »

Hello Support Team,
thank you for answers.
The program is running on other computers without problems. It is only one init()-call in my code.

It dosn't make sense to return sevaral errorcodes from OpcUa_P_Initialize() if the init() just return -1 or 0.
you should return the last errorcode to the caller of init().

Up to now I don`t changed the sources and just used them for debugging with the original DLLs. To solve the problem I have to make some changes to printout an error state ...

Best Regards,
Frank