name space uri failed

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

carmelo

name space uri failed

Post by carmelo »

Hi all,
I have installed the SDK C++ source (uasdkcppbundle-src-linux32-x86-gcc4.5.1-v1.3.1-193), on linux machine (in particular OS: Debian v. 6.0.4 GNome v. 2.30.2, with kernel linux v. 2.6.32).
My goal is to develop a OPC-UA client/server architecture that receive information from 15 plc's .
The control solution has been implemented in Isagraf v. 6.0, because we use the advanced standard IEC 61499 and Isagraf is the unique company that support this standard.
I used the client_cpp_sdk example like client; I copied the server_hello_world example using it like a initial server.
I written the Address Space into file that I attached at this mail.
I connect the client to the server, but it not found any variables and this is the message that appear into the terminal:

** Try to connect to selected server
-- Event connectionStatusChanged ----------------------
clientConnectionId 0
serverStatus 1
-------------------------------------------------------
** Connected to Server opc.tcp://deb1Virg:4841 ****
** Searching for name space uri failed!

Can you give me any suggestion?
Thanks in advance

Support Team

Re:name space uri failed

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

The client client_cpp_sdk has some build in logic that works with the demo server delivered with the SDK. One of the hard coded features is that it checks for the DemoNodeManager namespace since it uses variables for read and write out of this namespace.

The Hello World example has no additional namespaces. To use the client_cpp_sdk with another server than the C++ demo server you must update the variables used in the client for read / write.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team
Best regards

diana

Post by diana »

Hello Carmelo,

Did you solve the problem? I have the same problem but I was unable to solve. Can you help me?

Diana

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello Diana,
check the namespace URI your server provides and replace the hardcoded namespace URI in the example with that namespace URI.
Check the NodeIds in your server you want to use for testing and replace the NodeIds in the client sample with the NodeIds you want to use.

Best Regards,
Best regards