Opc UA Servers sharing a TCP port

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

LambertD

Opc UA Servers sharing a TCP port

Post by LambertD »

Hello everyone !

I was wondering if it is possible to have multiple OPC-UA server share one TCP hostname / port.
What I understand from reading the standard, the Transport protocol layer can distinguish multiple endpoints based on the endpoint url in the Hello message.
Perhaps it is already possible to have multiple address spaces on one port this way within one OPC-UA server process with this C++ SDK.

But what I am looking for is a proxy setup that forwards the OPC-UA Transport-layer messages to different opc-ua server processes (potentially running on different computers) based on the endpoint URI.

So my questions are :

1. Is this something that someone is already doing ?
2. Is there a (well tested) off the shelf proxy component that can do this ?
3. Is this something we could make ourselves using the C++ SDK ?

Thanks

Lambert Duijst

PaBra

Re: Opc UA Servers sharing a TCP port

Post by PaBra »

You can have multiple servers on the same host, but not on the same port. You can select for each endpoint if this is used as a discovery endpoint or not. You should have only one endpoint used for discovery service in your server. You can somehow register other servers in your discovery server. This allows the client to get the endpoint urls from other server via your server. But I think that is only some kind of domain name service.