0x801f0000 error, security or? uastack.dll

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

Laro88

0x801f0000 error, security or? uastack.dll

Post by Laro88 »

I am writing a an internal IO component that bridges OPCUA with Node.JS and most stuff seems fine.
However one particular tag keeps breaking - in my ADMINISTRATION.RemoveDevice.RetCode Int32 tag. Reading and writing data seems fine, however when attempting to delete a device I keep getting 0x801f0000 [ret = BadUserAccessDenied]
It is failing both in my code and in UaExpert

I have no idea why I don't have permission to perform exactly this operation - any ideas?

We have an application running that can delete a device, however performing the function calls seems to hick up.
The uastack.dll has a finesize of 514.560 bytes & no revision number or anything.
Best regards

Support Team

Re: 0x801f0000 error, security or? uastack.dll

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

BadUserAccessDenied indicates that the server requires special user authorization to access the node with the service called.

This is typically not a stack or software problem. This is typically by intend and forced by the server application if the required user privileges are not provided.
You need to check with the server vendor how to configure users or which user is required.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

Kader

Re: 0x801f0000 error, security or!!

Post by Kader »

Hello,

I have a similar error with diffrent server, am working with numerical machine from siemens (sinumerik one), i activated the server with diffrent security policies, and activated the anonymous option, but I cannot get acces to the needed variables when am in anonymous !!

I appreciate your help
Best regards

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

perfect, sounds correct if the "anonymous" (guest) is not allowed to access sensitive data.
Check out the difference between authentication and authorization. The server owns the data and hence decides who gets access and who not. This server obviously decided to not give anonymous/guest access to the data. From a UA client side perspective you can not do anythng about it. It is the decision (configuration) on the UA server side.

If you can not access, it is probably configured correct (secure) !
Best regards

Kader

Post by Kader »

Thank you for the quick response, though I need to acces anonylously to the machine, so it is indeed secure but not what I am expecting!
Could you share topics about authentification / autorisations in siemens please ,

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,
we only have documentation regarding our SDKs:

Code: Select all

https://documentation.unified-automation.com/uasdkcpp/1.8.1/html/L2UaDiscoveryConnect.html#DiscoveryConnect_UserAuthentication
https://documentation.unified-automation.com/uasdkcpp/1.8.1/html/L2UaDiscoveryConnect.html#DiscoveryConnect_UserAuthorization
For configuring the Sinumerik OPC server please contact Siemens Support.
Best regards