Read the NamespaceArray inside the server application

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

ChSch

Read the NamespaceArray inside the server application

Post by ChSch »

Hi,
I like to read the NamespaceArray and the ServerArray inside my running server application.

I found this example http://forum.unified-automation.com/topic44.html#p45 but I don't know how to access the arrays in the right way.
Do I need the pUaSession->read(…) function or is there a simpler way?

Thanks

Support Team

Re: Read the NamespaceArray inside the server application

Post by Support Team »

Hello ChSch,

The standard way to access information inside the server is the internal client API provided through ServerManager with functions for browse, read, write, monitored item management and method calls.

But for the name space handling there are specialized functions available on the NodeManagerRoot. This object manages the different namespaces and the responsible node managers. There are functions to get an index for a URI (NodeManagerRoot::getNamespaceIndexFromUri), to get a URI for an index (NodeManagerRoot::getNamespaceUriFromIndex) or to get a NodeManager for an index (NodeManagerRoot::getNodeManagerByNamespace).

The complete namespace array can be accessed through NodeManagerRoot::pServerObject::getNamespaces

Best regards
Support Team