HTTPS support by default?

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

wim

HTTPS support by default?

Post by wim »

Hi Unified Automation,

I'm trying to make my open source toolkit compatible with your SDK v1.4 (which looks very interesting I must say).
My toolkit must be compiled with the same options as the SDK and Stack, however I noticed that
- our SDK with source license by default compiles the SDK/Stack *without* HTTPS support
- the SDK with evaluation license by default compiles the SDK/Stack *with* HTTPS support.

This is a bit inconvenient of course since there are now two "defaults"... is there a way how I can programmatically verify how the SDK/Stack was built? So that the CMake script of my toolkit can always figure out the correct configuration?

Thanks a lot for your insights,

Wim

Support Team

Re: HTTPS support by default?

Post by Support Team »

Hello Wim,

HTTPS support is integrated in the C++ SDK version 1.4.0 but not released yet since we think it requires more testing for industrial use. It can be used to prepare user applications for HTTPS support like adding the necessary configuration options but a productive use is not recommended yet.

All precompiled binaries V1.4.0 have HTTPS support turned on in the compiler but it is deactivated in the configuration files. It is deactivated by default in the CMake files.

There is no way to detect it by a compiler if the linked libraries have HTTPS support turned on. But the person who is building your library should know if he build the SDK libraries with HTTPS turned on or off.

Best regards
Support Team
Last edited by Support Team on 08 Jan 2014, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

wim

Re: HTTPS support by default?

Post by wim »

Hello,

okay fair enough, thanks for the info!

Kind regards,
Wim