Event or Alarm to specific client(Session)

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

suri.k005@gmail.com

Event or Alarm to specific client(Session)

Post by suri.k005@gmail.com »

Hi,
Is it possible to send event or alarm to specific client(or session)? I have different users connect to OPC UA server. Depends on their area of response, i want to send event or alarm only to that user responsible for that area.

Please let me know how can i achieve this.

Thank you.

Support Team

Re: Event or Alarm to specific client(Session)

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

Alarms or events are only send to the client who subscribed to that special alarm or event. That's the basic functionality of OPC UA. So you don't have to set up anything special to achieve this.

Best regards
Support Team

suri.k005@gmail.com

Thank you for the replay.

What i mean is, i have 10 areas, out of 10 I assigned 1 to 5 areas to user1 and 6 to 10 areas to user2.
Both the users connected to OPC UA server and subscribed to the events and alarms.
When any event or alarm raised for areas 1 to 5, this event or alarm should only send to user1. In the same way when any event or alarm raised for areas 6 to 10, this event or alarm should only send to user2. Here condition is user responsibility area. Each user connects to OPC UA server with their user credentials.

Please let me know how can i achieve this.

Thank you.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

There are the two relevant OPC UA features: Areas and User Authorization.

It looks like you are looking for Areas.

The Server SDK tutorial shows examples of creating an event notifier tree with Area objects. If you create different areas users can subscribe for, you must reference event notifier object that fall in this grouping from this area.

A client can then use an Area object as node to create an event monitored item. If a user is responsible for several areas, the client must create a list of event monitored items with a monitored item for each area.

User Authorization allows sending events only to users that are allowed to see the events.
Areas can be used to create groupings and the clients can decide which grouping(s) he is interested in.
For User Authorization you must configure in the server which user is allowed to get which events.

Best regards
Support Team

suri.k005@gmail.com

Thank you for the replay.

It helps me in finding the solution for my problem.