asymmetric encryption

There are three UA Stacks available from the OPC Foundation. In our products we use the OPC UA ANSI C Stack. The Java SDK uses the Java Stack.

Moderator: Support Team

jessepinkman

asymmetric encryption

Post by jessepinkman »

Hello,
In the OPCUA specification we should use an Asymmetric encryption (in my case RSA 256 oaep) to encrypt the "OpenSecureChannel request" and "OpenSecureChannel response".
My OpenSecureChannel request/response size = 2000 octets
RSA Algorithm support bloc size of ~217 octets or something like that (RSA blocSize = RSA_Size(key) - paddingSize)

How should i do to encrypt my request and my response ???
Should i use an operation mode (CBC for example) to split my plainText into a small blocs ?? Am i respecting the specification by doing that

Thank you

Support Team

Re: asymmetric encryption

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

yes you are right the topic is not so easy, however it is solved when you use our commercial SDK because we have implemented the latest security functions in our UA Stacks, which we deliver together with the SDK. Furthermore we do test our implementation with all other commercial SDK providers and cross language (.NET, Java, ANSI C). Unfortunately we do not present our implemented solution to competitive developments, hoping you understand.

Having said that, you have two options:
1) ask the OPC Foundation
2) use our commercial SDK

Please send your purchase order to sales@unifiedautomation.com

Best Regards
Support Team

jessepinkman

Re: asymmetric encryption

Post by jessepinkman »

Hello,
Thank you very much, I will do it.

Best regard,