OPC UA LINUX<--B&R-->ABB problems

Unified Architecture topics related to OPC UA Specification, compliant behavior and any technical issues of OPC UA, like Security, Information Model, Companion Specs DI, PLCopen, ADI, ...

Moderator: Support Team

jDBM

OPC UA LINUX<--B&R-->ABB problems

Post by jDBM »

I'm having problems viewing or editing values in the OPC UA server, which is running on a B&R CPU.

For now, when using UAExpert, I can connect to the server, view the entire structure of the server, see all the datatypes for all the variables. But, when trying to view the variables values I get value - NULL, StatusCode - BadResourceUnavailable (0x80040000) and source timestamp - 01-01-01.

On the B&R (Server) side I followed the guide they have for setting up an OPC UA server.

Seeing I'm pretty new to OPC, any help would be appreciated!

Support Team

Re: OPC UA LINUX<--B&R-->ABB problems

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

when the statuscode is "bad" the value MUST be "empty". With respect to the UA side of the data presentation this behavior conforms to the specification. The pure fact that you can "see" (browse) the information model, does not necessarily tell you anything about the quality of the values when trying to read them.

The StatusCode gives you a pretty good hint, the connection between UA Client and UA Server is all fine, but the UA Server seems to be disconnected from it's own data source and can not obtain any value from it's subsystem. There seems to be an (internal) error within the B&R, maybe you have configured sone variables that do not exist in the CPU, hence the resource is not available?

Check with B&R support to get your UA Server configured correctly.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

jDBM

Re: OPC UA LINUX<--B&R-->ABB problems

Post by jDBM »

Thanks for the quick response.

Just in case someone with the same problem finds this thread;
I forgot to initialize the values in the PLC. After initializing the values in the init prog everything worked like intended!