data type not align in attributes and data access view

Unified Architecture topics related to OPC UA Specification, compliant behavior and any technical issues of OPC UA, like Security, Information Model, Companion Specs DI, PLCopen, ADI, ...

Moderator: Support Team

sarjan8

data type not align in attributes and data access view

Post by sarjan8 »

hi all,

I was looking for possibilities of below situition.
I install a NMS software and run as server. then i use uaexpert connect to this server.
when i monitor the "ping reachability" status of one of the device monitor by NMS, i see the data type is different.
as per below photo.

may i know is this the server's software mistakenly sent the datatype or not.
as per the software developer explanation, the software is sending integer data type only instead of int32.
although i know int32 is a sub type of integer, but i dont see any reason why uaexpert recognize it as int32 IF the server did not sent the info.

thanks for helping.

regards,
Jin

Support Team

Re: data type not align in attributes and data access view

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the UaExpert gets the value in a datachange (in a subscription publish response). The data value comes as some variant type. The Experts shows the type of the date exactly how it was received in the DA view. The attribute window instead performs an explicite read on all available attributed of the node as being defined in the address space. The result is absolutely correct, there are different ways of obtaining data type of a variable, and the data type of a variable's value.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team