PiFace Certificate expired in 2019, how to update?

Unified Architecture topics related to OPC UA Specification, compliant behavior and any technical issues of OPC UA, like Security, Information Model, Companion Specs DI, PLCopen, ADI, ...

Moderator: Support Team

lubnow

PiFace Certificate expired in 2019, how to update?

Post by lubnow »

Hi,
I get a BadTimeout when trying to access my Raspberry Pi running V1.3.2 Evaluation for Raspberry Pi (dated 2014) with the current (2021) UaExpert Version 1.6.0 414, since the server certificate expired in July 2019. Even checking "Accept the server certificate temporarily for this session" doen't help reliably. How can I update the server certificate located on the RPi?
Best regards

Support Team

Re: PiFace Certificate expired in 2019, how to update?

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the application instance certificate of the server has a distinct duration. The SDKs from Unified Automation can generate new (self-signed) application instance certificate at startup. To initiate this process you must "delete" the existing own (expired) certificate, including the corresponding private key file, and start the demo server again. It will generate itself a "fresh" certificate, including new private key.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

lubnow

Re: PiFace Certificate expired in 2019, how to update?

Post by lubnow »

Hello and thanks for replying. Can you please point me to the location i.e. file path, where I can find the files to be deleted. Thanks and a happy 2022 Andreas