Cannot connect to UA server that has an address of opc.tcp://IPADDRESS:49152/OPCUAServerExpert.

Unified Architecture topics related to OPC UA Specification, compliant behavior and any technical issues of OPC UA, like Security, Information Model, Companion Specs DI, PLCopen, ADI, ...

Moderator: Support Team

Wish3096

Cannot connect to UA server that has an address of opc.tcp://IPADDRESS:49152/OPCUAServerExpert.

Post by Wish3096 »

I cannot connect to a Schneider OPC UA server that has an address of opc.tcp://IPADDRESS:49152/OPCUAServerExpert as the OPC UA Client Driver does not allow anything after the designated port number. I tested for the OPCUA issue yesterday and at this time while it does appear that while the Kepware OPCUA client accepts the syntax as is and related certificates, it does not really have the ability to correctly process the OPCUAExpert syntax after port. With no certificates set the Kepware OPCUA connection works as it is expecting to see opc.tcp://IPADDRESS:49152.

However, I am able to connect to the Schneider OPCUA server using a different client (OPCExpert) with no issues though

Support Team

Re: Cannot connect to UA server that has an address of opc.tcp://IPADDRESS:49152/OPCUAServerExpert.

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

if you can properly connect with UaExpert the assumption is that the server is doing correctly.
The UA Specification allows such extensions after the port number.

If you have any different UA Client who is not able to connect with that (long/extended) URL, than this particular client is not correctly implemented. Please contact the vendor of that faulty UA client implementation.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team