Problems with libraries on EVAL version

Unified Architecture topics related to OPC UA Specification, compliant behavior and any technical issues of OPC UA, like Security, Information Model, Companion Specs DI, PLCopen, ADI, ...

Moderator: Support Team

eharmon

Problems with libraries on EVAL version

Post by eharmon »

Hey all,

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i am having issues with the Evaluation version of the ASCI C SDK. Basically I keep getting this same make error even though I have made sure I have properly built the makefiles using the steps from the documentation/guides. Take a look and get back to me if you can. Anything will help at this point!

Code: Select all

Scanning dependencies of target uaserver-oversampling
make[2]: Warning: File `/root/sdk/examples/oversampling/main_linux.c' has modification time 1.2e+07 s in the future
[  6%] Building C object CMakeFiles/uaserver-oversampling.dir/main_linux.c.o
[ 13%] Building C object CMakeFiles/uaserver-oversampling.dir/demoserver.c.o
[ 20%] Linking C executable uaserver-oversamplingd
/root/sdk/lib/libserverlibd.a: could not read symbols: File format not recognized
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [uaserver-oversamplingd] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/uaserver-oversampling.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
make failed.

Support Team

Re: Problems with libraries on EVAL version

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

This looks like a problem that is caused by mixing the platform e.g. if you try to link a library build for x64 for ARM or x86.

What is your target platform?
The evaluation library must match your target platform. The latest ANSI C SDK evaluation libraries are provided for x64.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

eharmon

Post by eharmon »

Hello,

Thank you for the reply! My target platform is the BeagleBone Black which has ARM7-A architecture. So, would the solution be to find a cross compiler from x64 to ARM7-A? What would you recommend?

Thank you in advance!

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

no, it is not a solution to get / find a cross-compiler x64 to ARM. This is not possible! If you want to have a running build on a beaglebone target, you need to compile the SDK for this target. This means you have to cross-compile the source files.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team

eharmon

Post by eharmon »

Hi,

In order for a working build I would need to recompile the source code for my specific platform; however, the evaluation copy I received does not include the "src" directory where (I assume) I would find the source files. Is this intentional? I am hoping to evaluate the product with the intention of purchasing the actual SDK if I am able to get a working build on my platform. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

the evaluation version is intended to be used for "evaluation" only. Whereas "evaluation" is the process of looking at the provided interfaces and the ease of use and the functionality provided by the API of the SDK. In this sense "evaluation" can be done on "Windows 32" and on "Debian7 x64", which are the two evaluation platforms we provide, because they are everywhere available and easy to get. The API and the function of the SDK will not be different on a BBB with ARM7.

For running the SDK on the final target you would need the full source code edition and do a cross compile (toolchain) for the specific target. Of course you will get the source code only when having purchased. Until than you can just "believe us" that the C++ SDK and the ANSI C SDK work like a charm on BBB.

Best Regards
Support Team