State Machine handling

Unified Architecture topics related to OPC UA Specification, compliant behavior and any technical issues of OPC UA, like Security, Information Model, Companion Specs DI, PLCopen, ADI, ...

Moderator: Support Team

pfp.meijers

State Machine handling

Post by pfp.meijers »

If I specify a state machine object in my model with transitions, causes, effects, etc., is the UA stack and SDK server automatically handling the state machine transitions?
In other words, if a client calls a HasCause referenced method, will the state then be adjusted and an HasEffect referenced event triggered?
Or do I have to program this still via SDK API in my server implementation manually?
What kind of does the SDK provide, except for accesing the state machine related node data?

Grt, Patrick

Support Team

Re: State Machine handling

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

If you create the state machine with UaModeler, you can create classes for the state machine that handle the node and reference creation and provides also stubs for the methods. But you are responsible for implementing the business logic like in methods and to send events.

If you create all nodes for the state machine by just using the regular NodeManagerBase (NodeManagerUaNode), you must implement also the MethodManager for the Method call handling.

Best Regards,
Unified Automation Support Team