UaExpert 1.6: Disable update check

General topics regarding OPC Foundation and communication technology in general.

Moderator: Support Team

Simlink2

UaExpert 1.6: Disable update check

Post by Simlink2 »

Dear all,

I create a script which installs UaExpert 1.6 on our clients silently. So far it works fine with the parameter /S - also for the uninstallation.

In addition I want to disable update checks. For sure this can be done on the first run when the program asks for it. However it would be better when the user don't have to do that. It should be managed in a config file or something like that.

Where are the settings stored (config-file, registry...)? Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Simon

Support Team

Re: UaExpert 1.6: Disable update check

Post by Support Team »

Hi,

switching off the "check for new version" is probably not a good idea, because you will miss all the bug fixes and all the security updates we provide for the UaExpert. The UaExpert has "userspecific" configuration files, depending on ho is using the UaExpert. But again this is a bad idea.

The UaExpert is a testing and demonstration tool and the silent install is intended for internal use only. If you plan a rollout of UaExpert you should be aware of and take a close look at the license agreement. UaExpert (at least most of it) is "free of charge" to install and use, but it is "NOT free to distribute". Every person installing and using it must have obtained it from our website.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

Simlink2

Re: UaExpert 1.6: Disable update check

Post by Simlink2 »

Thank you for your information. Didn't know that.

We will keep the update check and don't use any deployment script then.

Thanks
Simon