Login  •  Register

LDS-ME support

Suggestions for new features in our products, improvements and requirements ...

LDS-ME support

Postby wtango » 02 Nov 2016, 13:56

HI Unified Automation Support Team,
Is C++ 1.5.2 version SDK support LDS-ME feature? If not, is it any plan to support this feature?

Tanks in advance
wtango

Re: LDS-ME support

Postby Support Team » 02 Nov 2016, 16:15

Hello,

the LDS and the LDS-ME are local discovery servers available from the OPC Foundation. Such LDS (or LDS-ME) must be installed on the machine where your OPC UA Server is running. The LDS must use the Tcp port 4840.

You can configure the C++ SDK (Server) to register at the LDS. This same function can be used to register at the LDS-ME. In that sense the C++ "supports" the LDS-ME, because it can register itself at the LDS-ME. The only new feature in the LDS-ME (compared to LDS without ME) is that there is a new advanced registration function: "RegisterServer2()" that allows to announce "Server Capabilities" (like DA, AE and HA) in addition to the "pure" URL registration. This information can be configured "manually" in the LDS-ME if despreately required. However, most clients can not deal with that information anyway.

But the zeroconf announcment of registered server is LDS-ME functionality and will work in any case.

To enable LDS registration you can switch on in config.xml file of the C++ server. Make sure your UA Server and the LDS have trusted eachother's certificate in order to make registration work.

Best Regards
Support Team
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team
Support Team

Return to Feature Requests