Deleting a node

Questions regarding the use of the .NET SDK 2.0 for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdknet

dennisi

Deleting a node

Post by dennisi »

Hello,

I have a question and hope that you could help guys. I have created an OPC Server that listen for node changes from another system. Updating the values are working well. The server also listens when certain node is deleted from another system and should delete the node in the OPC Server. How can I trigger the DeleteNode() ? I saw the example in UADemoServer, but my situation does not have Method. Please shed some light.

Thanks in advance.

Support Team

Re: Deleting a node

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

What do mean with other system? Is the other system an OPC UA server?

Best regards
Support Team

dennisi

Post by dennisi »

It is not an OPC UA Server, it is an in-house system that has the inventory of all the nodes and its current values. And I am task to listen to that system using UA Sdk.

I have successfully created all nodes during the initialization as well as reflecting the changes in OPC server when we change the value in our system (can be treated as underlying system in getting started). What i want to do is to add/delete a new node in the UA OPC Server (after all nodes are setup in the address space) if we have added/deleted a node from our system.

Thanks in advance.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

You can call AddNode / DeleteNode. You can inform clients that nodes are added or deleted with ModelChangeEvents.

Best regards
Support Team