Getting node sub-class data while browsing

Questions regarding the use of the C++ SDK for Server or Client development or integration into customer products ...

Moderator: uasdkcpp

aaronmj

Getting node sub-class data while browsing

Post by aaronmj »

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here.

When I am browsing a service's namespace, UaSession::browse returns a list of OpcUa_ReferenceDescription structures that contain the mandatory parts of the base nodeclass information (part 3, section 5.2.1, table 2 of the spec). How do I retrieve additional information about that node? If the node is an object, for instance, how would I retrieve the Table 6 object nodeclass data so I can check the EventNotifier value?

I want to be able to indicate to the user which nodes support subscriptions, and there's probably other information in the subclasses that would be useful, too.

Support Team

Re: Getting node sub-class data while browsing

Post by Support Team »

Hello aaronmj,

as you already mentioned the Browse service does only return the mandatory attributes common to all nodes.
To read any attribute from a node you need to use the Read service.
You find some sample code here:
http://documentation.unified-automation ... son01.html

Best Regards
Unified Automation Support Team

aaronmj

Post by aaronmj »

Cool!

What about properties, though? The read function only appears to support attributes.

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello aaronmj,

Properties are Server-defined characteristics of Objects, DataVariables and other Nodes. A Property is a subtype of the BaseVariableType with the restriction that it can't have any further children. That means any other Node can have Property Nodes as children.
Again you can use the Browse Service (or TranslateBrowsePathToNodeIds service) to detect the Nodes and the Read service to get the attributes of the Property Nodes.
There is no extra service to Read or detect Properties.

Best Regards
Unified Automation Support Team