Activate Historizing on a variable imported from DA server

Questions regarding installing, running and configuring UaGateway.

Moderator: uagateway

el248a2

Activate Historizing on a variable imported from DA server

Post by el248a2 »

Hi

I am currently evaluating the UaGateway software. I managed to import/include/add my old DA server as a node into the "new" address space created by UaGateway. However, for some of the variables located in the tree of the DA server, I would like to enable Historizing. Is this possible, if so how? I cant manage to change that attribute.

Thanks in advance

Support Team

Re: Activate Historizing on a variable imported from DA serv

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

the UaGateway is a "transparent" wrapper, it just maps the address space of the underlying DA server into it's own UA Information Model. In fact you get a entry node within the instances Root->Objects->MyDAServer-><all the items as being browsable in the underlying DA server>.
The UaGateway itself has no additional logic other than just "mapping" whatever it can find into the semantics of OPC UA. The "historizing" attribute of a UA-Node that represents a DA-Item will always be "false", because the underlying DA Server has not history for such item.

There is no "datalogger" functionality inside the UaGateway.

Instead if you connect an underlying classic HDA Server, than the UaGateway will make available the data through UA-Read-History functions. However, this again is just a mapping, the data is not historized inside the UaGateway, it is historized inside the underlying HDA Server.

Best Regards
Support Team