BadNoCommunication

Questions regarding the use of the UaExpert.

Moderator: uaexpert

sorin.nanu

BadNoCommunication

Post by sorin.nanu »

I have an IBHLinkUA OPC server connected with UAExpert. Everything went perfect with connection, but when I moved the variables in Data Access View pane, I got for every variable this message "BadNoCommunication". for Variable Type I got "null", even if the type is recognized by UAExpert.
Can you give a hint?

Support Team

Re: BadNoCommunication

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

Please check
- if you can read the variables by clicking on them, their current value will be shown in the 'Attributes' window on the right. Do you get the same status code there?
- if you get the same status code for SDK internal variables by adding the node Root/Objects/Server/ServerStatus/CurrentTime to the DA view. Do you get the same status code there?
The error is probably intentionally sent by the server, signalling that the connection to its underlying data source was interrupted or has communication problems.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team

Tzowbiie

Post by Tzowbiie »

Hello,
i want to read DB values of a PLC. I also get the error "BadNoCommunication". In my case the Source Time Stamp and Server TimeStamp is 01/01/1601 01:00:00.000. StatusCode: BadAttributeIdInvalid-

When i use the node Root/Objects/Server/ServerStatus/CurrentTime, i can seen the TimeStamp changing. Also /Plc/Clock is working properly.

Can you help me?
Thanks!

Support Team

Post by Support Team »

Hello,

this indicates that the communication between server and underlying data source was interrupted or has communication problems. Please consult the documentation of the server or contact the server vendor for help on this issue.
Best regards
Unified Automation Support Team